Thursday, June 19, 2008

Hi, thought I would show off my baby. Alex graduated this may with his PHD. He has worked really hard to accomplish this. Lets see started in ernest after 1997 so has taken I guess just over 10 years. Went from really only a year from American River when we moved here in 1994, to mission for two years, to marriage and kids (now 5) to his phd. He has a job teaching in Oklahoma City now. His whole family is so excited and I am sure he is too. Being able to make some roots, get into a schedule of no taking of classes for now anyway and just setting up his lessons will be enough.
His dad and I are really hopeing that we can visit no later than next summer. By then they will be comfortable and will have gotten things done around the house. This year will be taken up with helping Jenny it looks like. But they are only a two day drive away if we stop half way for a motel. Saint Louis is 10 hours and then another 8 to Oklahoma City. I expect if the plane fare is as high as it is we will try to drive at least once as long as Gas prices are about what they are now. But time will tell on what we can do.
Anyway I am very proud of him and what he has done with his life in his education. I am very proud of him anyway. He has been a good son.

No comments: