Monday, July 7, 2008

Had a nice 4th of july. Rachel and family came over. Amandine went on the bike ride behind the fire engine too. It was kinda funny as we watched the fire engine come, kids behind it go by but no amandine. So we figured that she followed the other one on the short route instead of the long route...NO...here she comes way at the end of the street with her daddy by her side. AWWWW is all I thought and then we started laughing. It wasn't a real funny moment but one of those too cute moments that you just had to laugh about. Rachel, Jenny and I along with Thierry waited out front and cheered her on as they passed us by. Chris and Amandine then went on back up to the pool where the fire engine preceeded to get everyone wet. Later on Chris took amandine and gaelan back up to the pool for a swim. Thierry and I feel asleep on the chair around 1 and slept for a couple of hours. Rachel and Jenny went to the mall. We had barbecued pork ribs, and brats along with beans, corn on the cob and veggies. YUMMM! Had fireworks after (which was very nice, but long) the neighbors up the street had the illegal sky ones so we got to see some of them too and sometimes ours would end just as they would shoot off one of theirs so it was a nice combination of fireworks. After the Hardies (all but amandine) left for home and we came in and close the day off.
Amandine is spending the week with us. So far we have watched tv, played with playdoh, gone swimming, gone to church, helped around the house, taken care of feeding all the animals. We are going to go and see the movie Kitt Kingdreth (sp) tomorrow and will hit up Kohls today for shoes for uncle gaelan and polo shirts for the boys so that they have a shirt for the group picture on the 19th. I hope the picture turns out great!
Nothing really planned for this week other than going through my sewing area, playing with amandine and getting a few errands done.
On the lighter side, Peter called me last week. It was so cute, he said Hi Grandma...I said hi...he said don't talk too loud. I said "why not? He said.."Cause I am in the closet" I laughed and Laughed! Later on he called me to tell me that he knew how to climb his new fence at his new house. What a character! I love my peter!...

No comments: