Monday, July 21, 2008

loosing friends

Went over to see my friend Micki today. She is dying from cancer. The same exact cancer killed her son when he was 26 or so. This was only around 7 years ago. Now she is also on her last leg. They really do not know how long she will be around. I guess the doctor told her husband 40 days or so 53 days ago. This is a good sign but in reality there is nothing they can do for her anymore but make her comfortable. She is on morphine and other drugs. She does not look like herself anymore either, unless she smiles and when she smiles she shines through.
We share a granddaughter (my Ryan) she says that I will have to always hug her twice now. Once for me and once for her. All she ever wanted was several grandkids. She finally got little ryan just 3 3/4 years ago. She has been the light of her life. We are not sure if she will get to see Ryans 4th birthday this year on sept 5th. John (her husband) is hopeing that she will and then he says God needs to take her before her pain gets worse. I think he is tired too and as much as he wants her here, he wants her out of pain. She is 45.
I wish though that I could really do something for her but all I could do was visit for a bit, get her to smile some on some memories and rub her bruised ankle.
I pray that she goes easily when the time comes.

No comments: