Thursday, June 25, 2009

Trips

Trips! sometimes they are wonderful and well sometimes they are less than. This past week I drove my mom down to see her mom (97) and where I love seeing people the contention there is not enjoyable. One of my aunts was in a hostile mood when we got to the house and continued in that mood for the rest of the time we visited the first day. My mother of course went into panic mode and ended up taking drugs from another sister that she thought would calm her down. Now personally I think a sugar pill would calm her down as I do not think a pill here or a pill there really does much and the type of anti anxiety pills that a person needs should be a daily dose but hey if she thinks a sisters Zoloft will do the job then have at it! I do not think that you should take other peoples drugs as you never know what your outcome. Anyway the next day she took a valium from her other sister and then on the last day they gave her a Xanax (sp) They gave her three more just in case but she never needed them as we were winding down and going home the next day. This on top of Naps! Did I say NAPS? oh my goodness...lets see wake up around 8 go back to bed, wake up around 10 and get up, go to lunch, get to grandmothers take a NAP...sleep from 2pm to 4:30pm then say HEY ready to go home and get to bed? HA Oh well..I do expect it to be the last time I drive her down as her hip hurt her alot from her hip surgery and she is just a nervous wreck. I experienced the chaos this time too so I do know that tempers flare, and nerves get frayed. It is a sad situation. Grandmother feels neglected, not listened too at all and put upon. Poor lady. I do feel for her but I feel for my aunts too as I know all too well what it is like to be the one that has to do for others. Now I do not do anything at all like my one aunt has been doing for 30 some odd years or the other aunt who really bears the brunt of the care when the first aunt is gone...really a few days each week to a week here or there. But I have had my taste. So I know that they too are stressed and feel put upon too I expect. I really wish that things could be different. That people would get along and be helpful. That the house could be clear of clutter for grandmother and that she could have a pleasant last few months, years or whatever in a nice home with loving children around her. OH WELL....life hands us lemons and she has done well in making what she can of them into lemonaide. I love my grandmother and she cried this time when I left. She said that she would see me in heaven and be there when I came in. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
I will see her in a week or two as we travel that direction again to visit our oldest and his family. I hope that she is still there even though she prays nightly to die.

No comments: